Dear Valued Client,
We at 24 Hour Medical Staffing (24HRMED) feel it is important to reach out to you personally to share information during this time of uncertainty. 24HRMED recognizes that our clients & employees are our most valuable assets, and nothing is more important than your health and safety. We are committed to providing clear communication to our clients and a safe working environment for all employees.
24HRMED will continue regular business operations and will remain open.
Our team is working remotely, and we are available to assist you. Thanks to our technological tools and resources, we expect to seamlessly continue to service clients at full capacity.
- All our colleagues will have access to their computer, our systems, and their direct phone lines while working remotely; their remote work experience will mirror their in-office experience and our clients should not expect any drop-off in terms of their service level.
- Our office will have a limited number of colleagues physically at the location, but we are limiting person to person visitations on an as needed basis and by appointment only.
- All non-essential business travel has been postponed. If you have a scheduled meeting with one or more of our colleagues at your location over the next month, we will be reaching out to discuss.
- Our goal is to continuously serve and remain accessible to our clients, particularly in these uncertain and confusing times. We’re taking these measures in an abundance of caution to protect our colleagues by keeping everyone healthy and prepared to meet the needs of our clients. Thankfully, none of our colleagues have been diagnosed with COVID-19 at this time and we’re doing everything we can to keep it that way.
24HRMED is a resilient and resourceful company with excellent people in place to continue servicing the needs of your company. We hope you, your team, and family remain safe and healthy during this time.
Below are highlights of information and protocols we’ve shared with our workforce…
WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY
24HRMED is continually reminding our workforce to:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you cough or sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
According to the CDC, the three symptoms most closely associated with the COVID-19 virus are:
- Shortness of breath
If you have experienced or are experiencing these symptoms in the last 14 days, 24HRMED strongly recommends you stay home, seek medical assessment, and notify your 24HRMED Representative and Supervisor or our main line 909-895-8960 immediately.
PROTOCOL FOR EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
Please contact your 24HRMED Representative and Supervisor or our main line 909-895-8960 if you have recently (within the past 14 days) return from travel to a country with widespread community transmission of COVID-19
- if you have been in contact with anyone who recently (within the past 14 days) return from travel to a country with widespread community transmission of COVID-19
- if you think you have been in close contact with anyone who is being evaluated or has been diagnosed with COVID19
- if you have flu-like symptoms associate with COVID-19 and will be absent from work
- if you have been advised by your medical provider to stay home due to exposure to COVID-19
SICK OR QUARANTINED
If you are unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19, you may be entitled to unemployment compensation or other state benefits during periods away from work necessitated by COVID-19. Please visit your respective state’s employment website for more information. You may also contact your 24HRMED Representative and Supervisor or our main line 909-895-8960.
If you are unable to work because they are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19, you may be entitled to state benefits or other periods away from work necessitated by COVID-19. Please visit your respective state’s employment website for more information. You may also contact your 24HRMED Representative and Supervisor or our main line 909-895-8960.
REDUCED WORK HOURS OR OFFICE CLOSURES
If your hours are reduced or client operations have been shut down due to COVID-19, you may be entitled to unemployment benefits through their state. Please visit your respective state’s employment website for more information. You may also contact your 24HRMED Representative and Supervisor or our main line 909-895-8960.
24HRMED will continue to monitor the situation and provide guidance as more information on the extent and severity of the outbreak becomes available. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.